I was inspired to write this post when I came across a wonderful bucket list entitled “2012- my 50th Birthday year bucket list” on the fabulous blog ‘All about the boys‘ authored by the lovely Karen (a wonderfully entertaining must read list)!
So… being the true copy-cat that I am, I’ve compelled my very own list consisting of the TOP 30 things I must do when I hit 30! Anybody who knows me will know that I loath the idea of getting older and leaving my twenties behind me! This is therefore me being extremely positive (well, trying to a least)!
- Shoe shop in New York City by day & drink Manhattans and cosmopolitan’s by night (aww… the life of Carrie Bradshaw)
- Sleep more (One can only but wish!)
- Swim with Dolphins someplace hot
- Completely ignore my fellow shoppers in Sainsbury when the finger-pointing starts as I shop with my son on the autism spectrum
- Eat a fruit picked fresh from a tree/bush without washing it first
- Manage to do my zipper of my jeans all the way up without catching my mummy tummy in the process.
- Make this blog as successful as my signature blog ‘A boy with Aspergers’
- Buy less anti-ageing creams (I finally admit defeat)
- Walk on a beach in Cornwall (Ok, it’s not the Caribbean Islands, but my mother informs me that Cornwall host some of britain’s top beaches)
- Learn to speak Italian (well, some at least)
- Stop being so frighten and put my ideas out there!
- Wear my best pair of heals while supermarket shopping
- Wear something other than black (inject a little colour in my life)
- Treat myself to treatments at the Dove Spa (no one else will)!
- Have a fish pedicure (I quite fancy the idea of lots off little fishes nibbling the dead skin from my tired feet)
- Start writing my book
- Somehow manage to afford to take my three beautiful children to the magical Disney Land in Florida (that’s if little man will agree to board a plane)
- Beat myself up a little less when parenting becomes a challenge (No, not literally)
- Dance in the rain in my knickers (yes, I may get locked up in the process, and No, I wont post a picture of me doing it)!
- Have a professional family photo taken, then have it displayed on the wall of my living room
- Give up the lie, when telling my 8-year-old daughter that she’s still on that waiting list for dance and drama classes and actually get around to enrolling her in somewhere!
- Dance from midnight to 6 am (Yes, like I used too)
- Learn to laugh at the world a little more
- Buy my first pair of beautiful Jimmy Choo‘s
- Get myself another tattoo
- Horse ride on a beach as the sun sets
- Eat a family sized bar of Cadbury Caramel without giving a S##t
- Try my hardest to give up the Red Bull (I did say try)!
- Find the magical solution that creates clam and happiness amongst three screaming children
- Read a whole book in just one day (with no one interrupting me)!
So… there you have it! 30 things to do when I hit 30 (which I regrettingly must add happens in April of this year) Here’s hoping I don’t gain 30 new wrinkles for my birthday… that would be just my bloody luck, wouldn’t it!
- Treat yourself to a holiday in Cornwall (ukcredit.com)
- What’s On Your Bucket List? (womenwhospeakinchurch.com)
- 2012 Lists Galore (inheritthought.wordpress.com)