I was inspired to write this post when I came across a wonderful bucket list entitled “2012- my 50th Birthday year bucket list” on the fabulous blog ‘All about the boys‘ authored by the lovely Karen (a wonderfully entertaining must read list)!
So… being the true copy-cat that I am, I’ve compelled my very own list consisting of the TOP 30 things I must do when I hit 30! Anybody who knows me will know that I loath the idea of getting older and leaving my twenties behind me! This is therefore me being extremely positive (well, trying to a least)!
- Shoe shop in New York City by day & drink Manhattans and cosmopolitan’s by night (aww… the life of Carrie Bradshaw)
- Sleep more (One can only but wish!)
- Swim with Dolphins someplace hot
- Completely ignore my fellow shoppers in Sainsbury when the finger-pointing starts as I shop with my son on the autism spectrum
- Eat a fruit picked fresh from a tree/bush without washing it first
- Manage to do my zipper of my jeans all the way up without catching my mummy tummy in the process.
- Make this blog as successful as my signature blog ‘A boy with Aspergers’
- Buy less anti-ageing creams (I finally admit defeat)
- Walk on a beach in Cornwall (Ok, it’s not the Caribbean Islands, but my mother informs me that Cornwall host some of britain’s top beaches)
- Learn to speak Italian (well, some at least)
- Stop being so frighten and put my ideas out there!
- Wear my best pair of heals while supermarket shopping
- Wear something other than black (inject a little colour in my life)
- Treat myself to treatments at the Dove Spa (no one else will)!
- Have a fish pedicure (I quite fancy the idea of lots off little fishes nibbling the dead skin from my tired feet)
- Start writing my book
- Somehow manage to afford to take my three beautiful children to the magical Disney Land in Florida (that’s if little man will agree to board a plane)
- Beat myself up a little less when parenting becomes a challenge (No, not literally)
- Dance in the rain in my knickers (yes, I may get locked up in the process, and No, I wont post a picture of me doing it)!
- Have a professional family photo taken, then have it displayed on the wall of my living room
- Give up the lie, when telling my 8-year-old daughter that she’s still on that waiting list for dance and drama classes and actually get around to enrolling her in somewhere!
- Dance from midnight to 6 am (Yes, like I used too)
- Learn to laugh at the world a little more
- Buy my first pair of beautiful Jimmy Choo‘s
- Get myself another tattoo
- Horse ride on a beach as the sun sets
- Eat a family sized bar of Cadbury Caramel without giving a S##t
- Try my hardest to give up the Red Bull (I did say try)!
- Find the magical solution that creates clam and happiness amongst three screaming children
- Read a whole book in just one day (with no one interrupting me)!
So… there you have it! 30 things to do when I hit 30 (which I regrettingly must add happens in April of this year) Here’s hoping I don’t gain 30 new wrinkles for my birthday… that would be just my bloody luck, wouldn’t it!
- Treat yourself to a holiday in Cornwall (ukcredit.com)
- What’s On Your Bucket List? (womenwhospeakinchurch.com)
- 2012 Lists Galore (inheritthought.wordpress.com)
Fab list Mrs and thank you so much for mentioning me as inspiration for your list.
I hope you achieve your 30 . Its great to see achievable things amongst the list, its really important to remaining positive and as for the stares in Sainsburys that should be your first my lovely. It is they who have the problem not you. I had years of that with my brother as you know xxxx Really hope to see you again this year for a massive big hug xxxx
What a great list…really hope you achieve it :0)
Great list! Let us know how how you proceed on achiving your list…
Thanks for popping over guys, and checking out my new blog:) Karen I loved your list it was wicked (in a good way lol) x