Sometimes you realise that a room could do with a bit of a cheer up. Not that you need to redecorate, painting the walls a new colour… Sometimes the addition of a little art work is all that’s needed to make a boring wall a magical one.
My daughters bedroom walls were looking a tad boring so with this in mind I decided to make some simple artwork to cheer it up a little
What I used to create this easy flower and butterfly picture.
Thick Card Square (measuring 30 by 23 centimetres)
Blue Metallic Acrylic Paint
Green Pic-Tixx 3D Glitter
3 Handcrafted Butterflies
5 Yellow Buttons
Pain & Glitter Flower Pre-Cut Shapes
Deco Pen (light green)
Glittered Card Letters
Mod Podge (clear gloss finish)
2 Medium Size Paint Brushes (for glue and paint)
Optional… Box Frame To Display Art
How to Make…
1) Paint your piece of card with the blue metallic paint. Leave to dry then paint a second coat.
2) Once both coats have been applied and your card is fully dry, use your green deco paint pen to draw the flower stalks onto the card like so…
3) Use the green Pic-Tixx pen to randomly add some sparkly leafs to the flower steams. Leave to dry for a least an hour.
4) Once dry use glue dots to add the flower shapes to the ends of the flower steams. Layer these up and use the yellow buttons to finish of the bigger flowers. Be creative, mixing sizes and colours for different effects.
5) Once all your Flowers have been added use a thick brush to cover the picture in a layer of mod podge. Sponge around the flowers as glue tends to sit within these areas. Now leave to dry.
6) Once dry add your glittery letters along the bottom of your picture. Cover these in a thin layer of mod podge using a sponge. Leave to dry for 45 minutes.
7) Once dry add glue dots to the backs of your 3 butterflies (2 each to the bodies). Add to your picture by pressing and holding down firmly.
Add your picture to a frame, a box frame is best as it allows room for the butterflies.
Mine is yet to be placed in a frame but it looks pretty great wouldn’t you agree?