I’ve been tagged by a few bloggers to answer this fab Questions & Answers Meme. Luckily for me I have the two blogs so can post one on each.
I was tagged by the Lovely Lou over at Bloggomy. Lou is one of the first bloggers I really connected with. I really enjoy meeting her at any blogging events that occur and hope to catch up at Britmums Live.
Here’s Lou’s 11 questions that I’m to answer….
1) What did you want to be as a child when you grew up? I wanted to be a pilot, probably because I’d never been on a plan and spent a lot of time wishing I could. Well, that was in till I finally did! Age 17 off to work in Greece and the worst flight ever! I never thought it was possible for a plan to bounce up and down 32,000 feet in the air… needless to say, my dream job was no more! However, I then wanted to be a police women, something I still think about today (running over a load of yobs, though kinda put me off).
2) Can you bend forward and touch your toes with your legs straight (I can!!) Of course I can Lou, so sadly you’re not the only one (said with huge grin upon face)!
3) What is your most annoying habit? I’m flawless me, how can I be annoying… seriously! If you was to ask the man in my life, he would say it was my ability to forget things, such as, the running bath or the bread in the toaster. I blame my last pregnancy… pre-baby brain has never returned!
4) What habit would you change of your partners? (come on no-one is perfect!) He loves to read and often thinks because he finds his book interesting the rest of the world will too (mainly me)! With this he takes it upon himself to read aloud, sadly none of it has processed, so I just sit nodding (the life of the underworld, and no that’s not under the sea I’m referring to, is so… not my thing)!
5) Horrors or Chick Flicks? Horrors every time, though I have the tendency to end up so scared that I spend the night unable to use the loo, and I hear these isn’t a good thing for a lady!
6) What is the most outrageous thing you have done in the back row of the movies? Fallen asleep… Seriously, I’m a good girl!
7) If you had the house childfree what is the first thing you and your partner would do (we would lock the doors – only joking)! Probably go to bed, but this isn’t for the reason’s most would think (Lou you have a dirty mind). Sleep is precious in this house and comes in short supply!
8) Have you ever lied to get a job? No, I just wish I was in the position to get a job let alone lie to get one! Still volunteering and blogging keeps my brain healthy.
9) What one thing is on your list to do before you hit 30, 40, 50 or whatever significant birthday is next? I’m actually going to be 30 the beginning of April (Goodness, where does the time go)? It would actually be great to do something as simple as having a night out with the girls, I feel like most of my 20’s have consisted of early nights that still don’t result in me getting much, if any sleep!
10) Classic or modern films and why? It’s both for me, I love films like Breakfast at tiffany’s then those later films like Greece and dirty dancing (not forgetting Bob, sue and Rita too… “I’m having a gang-bang, I’m having a ball” (those who haven’t seen the film are now thinking I’m a bit of a dirty one)! I love all the Saw films and I am a huge fan of “Transporter” (though Jason Strathamhas a hell of a lot to do with it)!
11) If you were a vampire who would be the first person you would bite? Wow, what a question! Can I ask, have you been watching my favourite show… “Being Human”? I’m a massive fan of vampires and think it would be rather cool to be one if they existed! I would probably bite Jason Stratham himself, only because he would probably taste good & make an incredibly sexy vampire to have at my side.
Part 2 – My 11 questions
1) If you had the power to make one thing better, what would it be?
2) What makes a great blog?
3) What was the inspiration that brought your blog to the blogosphere?
4) SHAM or Working mum?
5) Favourite blog post that you have read over the last week?
6) What easily ticks you off (puts you in a bad mood quickly)?
7) How many children do you have?
8) Is there anything you have ever regretted writing on your blog?
9) What’s your favourite blog post you have written this year so far.
10) Do you ever enter other bloggers competitions, and have you ever been lucky?
11) What was your last blog post about?
Part 3… who I’m taking to answer the above
1) @coombmill, 2) @baggiesbabe69 3) @More_than_a 4) TiredmummyofTwo 5) @HelpfulMum 6) @mummydaddyme 7) @emmys_mummy 8) @MummyBarrow 9) @kykaree 10) @nurturestore 11) @yummymumto2
Morning all… I was recently tagged in a “Meme” by the very lovely Lou (aka @Bobbity666) over at ‘Bloggomy’. Lou has designed the “Meme” to highlight some of her “Firsts” and has tagged me to do the same! I have to say, I’ve quite enjoyed taking a trip down memory lane, so thanks Lou.
* Who was your first boyfriend/girlfriend?
I had a silly little boyfriend, when I was age 11. He was a year older and would buy me chocolate with his pocket-money! Apart from the chocolate he grated on me a bit, (Oh no, that’s terrible is that lol)! The father of my children was my first “real” boyfriend (well, the one I got butterflies when thinking about)! I was just 14 years old and people laughed when I said I was in love! Well, who’s laughing now hey, 15 years later his still here lol. excuse the poor photo quality (this was a throw away camera lol, I was 22, so this was taken almost 8 years ago).
* First person you kissed?
The chocolate buying kid who grated on me! I only kissed him for his milky way *giggle* Please tell me you know I’m joking, I was never that mean, seriously!
* What was your first job?
I worked in a cafe, in Greenwich! I was a teenager on £140 a week, not bad hey! My best job was my summer job when I lived and worked in Greece age 17. I was dancing and loved it!
* First pay packet – can you remember what you bought?
Umm… knowing me, it was crap (hangs head in shame)! I swear it was half a pint of cider at “Hotshoots” on a Friday night with my teen friends, gosh we thought we were big women! (Underage and drinking, what was I like!)
* First record or CD you remember buying
Oh… Yer… I’ll never forget the answer to this one! It was the album belonging to “East17” with songs such as “Stay another day” and “Everybody in the house of love” I really couldn’t decided if it was Brain or Tony I fancied more, now I look back and ask myself… “Surly it wasn’t nether one of them!”
* First holiday abroad?
It was one hell of a holiday, so good I never come home. It was the fabulous year of 1999, just 17 years old working and living in Greece on the island of Rhodes. Amazing and so glad I did it before becoming a mother.
* What age were you when you first moved out of your parents home?
I was very young, I was a rebel in-fact, I just wanted to grow up too fast (through I’ve always loved my independence is why)! I was 16 when I moved into a hostel followed by a shared house, which brings some great memories flooding back, I was there for around a year + though I was in Greece for a chunk of the time and on my return I feel pregnant with Little man, now 11 years old. I gave birth to the Little guy at the tender age of 18. I then moved into my own flat in Blackheath and enjoyed daily trips with my baby to Greenwich park. Ah, a trip down memory lane, I love it!
As not to ruin the creation of this Meme, I’ll tag…
- Hub pushes product with a meme (thecontentlab.icrossing.com)
- 14 Hilarious Feline Memes – From Tweeting House Pets to Cat Meme Parodies (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Best Internet Memes of 2011 (cbsnews.com)
- DigiMemes (deadbirdflirting.wordpress.com)
- A Meme Proposal! (since1910.com)
When I discovered that I had been tagged in this musical meme by the lovely ‘jbmumofone‘ my heart sunk! At first I feared no one would ever speak to me again, what if they discovered some of the horrid outdated trash on my iPod?
Here’s why, just check out the rules…
- Pop your MP3 player on Shuffle
- Inform your lovely readers of the first five tunes…AND NO CHEATING
- Tag another few lovely bloggers to do the same.
Now… I do have some pretty awesome tunes on my iPod, yet there are a few that I prefer to keep under wraps. What if I ended up with a load of cheese? Worse still, I could reveal my Pavarotti collection (Oops, like I just did)! If the truth be told I love a whole range of music, I live and breathe the stuff! TV has nothing on music and I simply couldn’t live without my iPod (aka iPhone)… and that’s a fact! So, with batted breath with iPhone in hand I load the iPod and hit the shuffle button, here’s the results…
Track 1: DJ DEE KLINE – I don’t smoke (Original mix)
Track 2: Divine Inspiration – The way (Put your hand in my hand) from classic big tunes album
Track 3: 2PC & Danny Boy – I ain’t mad at cha (Edited) (R&B Classics Collection) Could only put the radio edit on here (in case of younger readers lol)
Track 4: Aaron Hall – I miss you (R&B Classics Collection) Now this is classic R&B from the 90’s lol.
Track 5: Gnarls Barkley – Smiling faces (Album St Elsewhere) Still love this tune, cheers me up no end when blasting down my ear carnal.
Now… I tag…