Mother’s Day, a day of relaxation breakfast in bed and bunches of daffodils… Yer right!
Ok, I’m pretty such the kids have made me some lovely homemade gifts and cards which I prefer! As for the whole relaxation thing… Well… An almost teenage boy with Aspergers Syndrome, a daughter who is fast forming a bit of a chip on her shoulder and an ever demanding toddler, I can most certainly forget that!
As it happens we are actually off to my nieces and nephews Christening this morning, so breakfast in bed is gonna have to wait anyway!
I do love being a Mother! Life Is always full of little surprises and I can’t honestly remember the last time I felt the need to complain that I was bored!
The memories built with my children are all so precious, whether its memories of our first family holiday or the day in which each one of them arrived in the world.
Yesterday I was sent a lovely little gift from L’Occitane & The Millennium Hotel. Their intention being, to make my Mothers Day that bit more specia.The gift, a beautiful little boxed set that contained, 30 ml of Shea Butter Hand Cream, 30 ml of Rose Autore Hand Cream & 30 ml of Spring Cherry Hand Cream. All delicately scented and beautifully presented making them the perfect little treat for hands.
Earlier in the week the Millennium Hotel had asked me a few questions that I was more than happy to answer, like what’s my most memorable holiday? To which my answer was… Its hard to choose just one whether it be the all inclusive packaged holiday to the Caribbean or the week spent at the Lake District, each one was special in its own little way.
As for family holidays, we had an awesome trip to Oxfordshire a few years back! We were attending the fabulous Wilderness festival, camping in a tent for the weekend. This mini break has to be one of my most memorable. I’d never done the whole outdoors thing, but the kids loved it. There was plenty to do at the festival and if the kids were not enjoying a sessions hola hooping we’d be swimming in the beautiful natural lake that runs through the woodland.
I’ve actually never stayed in a Millennium hotel but looking at the London hotels on their website I would defiantly consider both the Mayfair and Knightsbridge hotels. Both are in great locations and seem to offer luxurious facilities. I like it when a hotel goes the extra mile by providing its guest with those special little extras to make their stay more comfortable. I’d be extremely pleased to find L’Occitane products in my hotel bathroom and the Millennium Hotels offer just that. Having read some rave reviews on the Millennium Knightsbridge Hotel it would seem L’Occitane and the Millennium form the perfect partnership.
Well, thanks to both the Millennium Hotel and L’Occitane for the beautiful gift. Maybe next year I’ll be in one of your London hotels enjoying a L’Occitane bubble bath for Mother’s Day.
Must dash… A christening awaits.
Happy Mother’s Day everyone.
No Financial payment was made for writing this post. I did receive the L’Occitane gift free of charge for the purpose of this review. Nonetheless I was under no obligation to write about it. All opinions are honest and that of my own.
She sits tapping her perfectly manicured nails on the worksurface. The sound of her husbands keys can be heard rattling as he opens the front door of their North Yorkshire home, following yet another long day at the office.
“Something smells nice” he shouts as he makes his way into the kitchen to greet his wife.
“Nice day at work honey ” she asks in her sarky tone.
“Please love, I don’t need to come home to yet another argument” he pleads.
She stares long and hard at him as if she is trying to see through his soul. She reaches for the kitchen drawer, opens it to produce a handful of shiny business cards.
“Do you not work enough hours? Now you want to offer your services in whats meant to be our family time” she snaps.
He shakes his head while stating “We have Laura now, we need the money!”
Sarah, David’s wife had given birth to their first child Laura some 6 months ago. She had previously been a high flying career woman who struggled to settle into her new role as a mother. Deep down she had began to resent David and his “Work”.
Sarah raised her hand into the air, releasing the shiny cards into a heap on the kitchen floor!
David, now looks a shadow of his strong confident self as he kneels down and hurriedly scoops up the cards within his reach. Suddenly as if from nowhere the sharp point of a glossy red stiletto comes crashing down onto his trembling fingers. He yelps out in agony as she twists her heel as if stomping out a Smouldering cigarette.
“Useless” she sniggers in her usual callous tone, as she leaves the room to reluctantly attend to her daughters cries.
David, sat unable to move! His whole body overtaken by fear of what would come next. He knew from experience that there was more to come. Broken fingers were sadly not a first… These outbursts of rage, many leading to physical violence had become a nightly occurrence, so much so David started to dread coming home instead opting to stay later at the office! Only this only fuelled Sarah’s rage making things much worse when he later returned home.
Suddenly, he hears the sound of his wife’s heels the ones she made her weapon, clomping back down the stairs. David quickly try’s to pull himself to his feet only to feel the most excruciating pain shoot through his back! His kicked with such force he collapses back into a withering heap.
“Pathetic excuse for a man” she snaps
“Get up, clean yourself up, our guest are due soon”
He wants to leave, of course he does! But his scared! His scared of what she’ll do, how she’ll look after Laura and what he’ll do without her. Yes, despite the abuse, the physically pain this man endures, he just can’t help but love this woman! The same woman who becomes so angry she once drew blood with her teeth! But then she can also be sweet, loving and sorry… Yes, she’s always sorry!
An hour or more lapses, David leaves the bathroom now ready for a night of entertaining. Just then Sarah appears, first aid box in hand.
“David, you know I love you don’t you?” She whispers while kissing his bruises fingers
She then atentatively wraps her husbands wounds in a bandage, and continues… “I’m sorry, I don’t know what’s wrong with me darling… I promise it will never, never happen again”
He nods, she takes him by the hand and leads him back downstairs! Together they both lay the dinner table.
A few hours later the scene now taking place at 64 Coombe lane, North Yorkshire, is a somewhat different one from that of a few hours before. A laughing smiling couple, enjoying the company of their friends over a glass of white wine and a plate of minted lamb chops. Laura soundly asleep in her cot unwoken by her fathers nightly cries. Its the scene of a somewhat happy family, though behind closed doors the story is a somewhat different one.
I’ve been tagged by a few bloggers to answer this fab Questions & Answers Meme. Luckily for me I have the two blogs so can post one on each.
I was tagged by the Lovely Lou over at Bloggomy. Lou is one of the first bloggers I really connected with. I really enjoy meeting her at any blogging events that occur and hope to catch up at Britmums Live.
Here’s Lou’s 11 questions that I’m to answer….
1) What did you want to be as a child when you grew up? I wanted to be a pilot, probably because I’d never been on a plan and spent a lot of time wishing I could. Well, that was in till I finally did! Age 17 off to work in Greece and the worst flight ever! I never thought it was possible for a plan to bounce up and down 32,000 feet in the air… needless to say, my dream job was no more! However, I then wanted to be a police women, something I still think about today (running over a load of yobs, though kinda put me off).
2) Can you bend forward and touch your toes with your legs straight (I can!!) Of course I can Lou, so sadly you’re not the only one (said with huge grin upon face)!
3) What is your most annoying habit? I’m flawless me, how can I be annoying… seriously! If you was to ask the man in my life, he would say it was my ability to forget things, such as, the running bath or the bread in the toaster. I blame my last pregnancy… pre-baby brain has never returned!
4) What habit would you change of your partners? (come on no-one is perfect!) He loves to read and often thinks because he finds his book interesting the rest of the world will too (mainly me)! With this he takes it upon himself to read aloud, sadly none of it has processed, so I just sit nodding (the life of the underworld, and no that’s not under the sea I’m referring to, is so… not my thing)!
5) Horrors or Chick Flicks? Horrors every time, though I have the tendency to end up so scared that I spend the night unable to use the loo, and I hear these isn’t a good thing for a lady!
6) What is the most outrageous thing you have done in the back row of the movies? Fallen asleep… Seriously, I’m a good girl!
7) If you had the house childfree what is the first thing you and your partner would do (we would lock the doors – only joking)! Probably go to bed, but this isn’t for the reason’s most would think (Lou you have a dirty mind). Sleep is precious in this house and comes in short supply!
8) Have you ever lied to get a job? No, I just wish I was in the position to get a job let alone lie to get one! Still volunteering and blogging keeps my brain healthy.
9) What one thing is on your list to do before you hit 30, 40, 50 or whatever significant birthday is next? I’m actually going to be 30 the beginning of April (Goodness, where does the time go)? It would actually be great to do something as simple as having a night out with the girls, I feel like most of my 20’s have consisted of early nights that still don’t result in me getting much, if any sleep!
10) Classic or modern films and why? It’s both for me, I love films like Breakfast at tiffany’s then those later films like Greece and dirty dancing (not forgetting Bob, sue and Rita too… “I’m having a gang-bang, I’m having a ball” (those who haven’t seen the film are now thinking I’m a bit of a dirty one)! I love all the Saw films and I am a huge fan of “Transporter” (though Jason Strathamhas a hell of a lot to do with it)!
11) If you were a vampire who would be the first person you would bite? Wow, what a question! Can I ask, have you been watching my favourite show… “Being Human”? I’m a massive fan of vampires and think it would be rather cool to be one if they existed! I would probably bite Jason Stratham himself, only because he would probably taste good & make an incredibly sexy vampire to have at my side.
Part 2 – My 11 questions
1) If you had the power to make one thing better, what would it be?
2) What makes a great blog?
3) What was the inspiration that brought your blog to the blogosphere?
4) SHAM or Working mum?
5) Favourite blog post that you have read over the last week?
6) What easily ticks you off (puts you in a bad mood quickly)?
7) How many children do you have?
8) Is there anything you have ever regretted writing on your blog?
9) What’s your favourite blog post you have written this year so far.
10) Do you ever enter other bloggers competitions, and have you ever been lucky?
11) What was your last blog post about?
Part 3… who I’m taking to answer the above
1) @coombmill, 2) @baggiesbabe69 3) @More_than_a 4) TiredmummyofTwo 5) @HelpfulMum 6) @mummydaddyme 7) @emmys_mummy 8) @MummyBarrow 9) @kykaree 10) @nurturestore 11) @yummymumto2
Wow in true Claire fashion I started the 366 photography project some 10 days later than everybody else! That means I will be sharing the last 10 days of my project in January 2013, when most bloggers are starting afresh. I don’t mind, after all it wouldn’t be me if I did something the conventual way, would it? I like to be that bit different, anybody who knows me will know that to be true! However, on just the second day of the 366 project, I actually almost forgot to post a photo and at just gone 10pm here’s me rushing to the laptop to post this beauty of an image I took earlier today… My beautiful 2 year makes a stunning addition to my first weeks set of images, don’t you agree?
My beautiful 2 year old Harley (one of three of mummy’s monster)
WI recently learnt about a great photo project called 365 days (only this year it’s 366, due to the leap year).
A wonderful lady who blogs at ‘The boy and me‘ very kindly filled me in on how it’s done! Basically, the challenge is to post one picture on the blog every day for 366 days, the only catch is, this needs to be a picture you took that day! Now it may seem easy, yet, there are days when I just don’t feel like I took that perfect shoot, or have the motivation to try to take one worthy of a share! Nonetheless, I’m always up for the challenge, whether I get far is yet to be seen, getting past the first week would be a start! I wanted to start on the first day of January and that of course didn’t happen, so here’s mine, my first picture of 366 (we hope)!
Well, this is how you will find me after a good old day parenting my kids! So… what do you think?
- Project 366. The introduction. (thebastardtalks.wordpress.com)
- Project 366 2012….the first in a weekly series (examiner.com)
- Our week in pictures – and the start of my 366 Photography Project (lovingearthmama.com)
- Project 366 (waxingunlyrical.com)
I was inspired to write this post when I came across a wonderful bucket list entitled “2012- my 50th Birthday year bucket list” on the fabulous blog ‘All about the boys‘ authored by the lovely Karen (a wonderfully entertaining must read list)!
So… being the true copy-cat that I am, I’ve compelled my very own list consisting of the TOP 30 things I must do when I hit 30! Anybody who knows me will know that I loath the idea of getting older and leaving my twenties behind me! This is therefore me being extremely positive (well, trying to a least)!
- Shoe shop in New York City by day & drink Manhattans and cosmopolitan’s by night (aww… the life of Carrie Bradshaw)
- Sleep more (One can only but wish!)
- Swim with Dolphins someplace hot
- Completely ignore my fellow shoppers in Sainsbury when the finger-pointing starts as I shop with my son on the autism spectrum
- Eat a fruit picked fresh from a tree/bush without washing it first
- Manage to do my zipper of my jeans all the way up without catching my mummy tummy in the process.
- Make this blog as successful as my signature blog ‘A boy with Aspergers’
- Buy less anti-ageing creams (I finally admit defeat)
- Walk on a beach in Cornwall (Ok, it’s not the Caribbean Islands, but my mother informs me that Cornwall host some of britain’s top beaches)
- Learn to speak Italian (well, some at least)
- Stop being so frighten and put my ideas out there!
- Wear my best pair of heals while supermarket shopping
- Wear something other than black (inject a little colour in my life)
- Treat myself to treatments at the Dove Spa (no one else will)!
- Have a fish pedicure (I quite fancy the idea of lots off little fishes nibbling the dead skin from my tired feet)
- Start writing my book
- Somehow manage to afford to take my three beautiful children to the magical Disney Land in Florida (that’s if little man will agree to board a plane)
- Beat myself up a little less when parenting becomes a challenge (No, not literally)
- Dance in the rain in my knickers (yes, I may get locked up in the process, and No, I wont post a picture of me doing it)!
- Have a professional family photo taken, then have it displayed on the wall of my living room
- Give up the lie, when telling my 8-year-old daughter that she’s still on that waiting list for dance and drama classes and actually get around to enrolling her in somewhere!
- Dance from midnight to 6 am (Yes, like I used too)
- Learn to laugh at the world a little more
- Buy my first pair of beautiful Jimmy Choo‘s
- Get myself another tattoo
- Horse ride on a beach as the sun sets
- Eat a family sized bar of Cadbury Caramel without giving a S##t
- Try my hardest to give up the Red Bull (I did say try)!
- Find the magical solution that creates clam and happiness amongst three screaming children
- Read a whole book in just one day (with no one interrupting me)!
So… there you have it! 30 things to do when I hit 30 (which I regrettingly must add happens in April of this year) Here’s hoping I don’t gain 30 new wrinkles for my birthday… that would be just my bloody luck, wouldn’t it!